Custom Photography Workshops
Your group can reserve a macro-photography workshop with a custom curriculum. Our 1-4 day workshops use a hands-on approach with live animals to teach the principles of fine-art, scientific, and stock photography.
Your curriculum may include:
- Animal handling and posing techniques
- Taking diagnostic photographs from which an animal's species can be identified
- Flash techniques for obtaining ideal depth of field and creative lighting effects
- DSLR Video Techniques
- How to find "the creative angle" to bring out the personality of animals in photographs
- Photographing animals with a landscape in focus
- Digital photo workflow, processing, and printing
- Marketing your images
Workshops are led by Paul S. Hamilton, PhD, a field biologist and accomplished wildlife photographer. Workshops are given in Tucson, Arizona, or we will come to your venue anywhere in the United States. Any group of at least four persons is eligible, and prices start at $130/person/day. Private sessions are also available, prices variable.Contact us today to book a workshop or private session.